Welcome to Belcharto
Escape to the Stellenbosch Winelands for a tranquil and relaxing getaway
Belcharto offers a tranquil getaway, family holiday, or business stay. Children welcome!
Escape to the Stellenbosch Winelands for a tranquil and relaxing getaway, or some much needed rest for the business person. Each cottage provides accommodation for families up to four members.
A 3km farm road leads to Belcharto where blue skies, green grass and vineyards surround you as you enjoy the overwhelming peace. Perfectly situated in the heart of the winelands, you can visit over 15 winefarms in the immediate vacinity, enjoy wine tasting, wine buying and also taste the South African way of life. A number of resturants offer excellent meals close by.
Our cottages have trail runs, biking trails and nature walks starting at their doorstep.
Free wi fi and braai facilities. No pets.
Enjoy the farm animals during your stay, Robbie the pot belly pig , turkeys , chickens and other farm animals.
14km from Tygervalley Shopping Centre, 22km from Stellenbosch, five kilometres from the Soneike Shopping Centre which has numerous shops, - Woolworths, clicks, Pick 'n Pay, 7km from Access City, some fabulous factory shops, you have it all at your fingertips. For the golfers, the Kuilriver and Devonvale courses are a few minutes away.
The Stellenbosch area is home to some of the greatest vineyards in the world. The Western Cape area also have restaurants with food to die for.
Here are a couple of places nearby that we can recommend
- Hazendal Wine Estate
-Zewenwacht Wine Estate: - Mangwanani Spa is also situated high on the mountain. Moonlight Night spa, or African Day spa specials
- Beyerskloof: Pinotage burgers are famous! (lunches)
- “Nomad,” is excellent, they will provide a classy, delicious meal, VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN OPTIONS .
- The Palms - Pub and Grill,
- Morituri : (Wild Clover Farm) Legendary Pizzas.. pastas, steaks,
- Cuvee Resturant at Simonsig
- Joostenberg Deli
- Knorhoek Wine Estate: Children friendly. Dine inside or outside under the trees.
- Fairview Cheeses and Wines
- Slaley Wine Estate Join them for winetasting & meals.
- ANURA – WINE , CHEESE, LILY PAD RESTURANT-
- Stellenbosch Slow Market - Food and Wine, clothing – worth a visit.
- Blaauwklippen Slow Market, Every Sunday. Blaauwklippen Wine Estate.
- Delvera – agri-village
- Warwick Wine Estate
- WINE TASTING next door to Belcharto: Fort Simon , GoedeHoop, Groenland
The Cape mountain bike trail runs from our doorstep , and many biking fanatics often make use of our facility.
There are numarous hiking and jogging trails into the mountains and around the dams.
There are various shopping malls close to us with everything you need and more. Our favorites are:
Willowbridge shopping Centre
Feel like something a little bit different make sure to try
Cool Runnings Tobanning
and Butterfly World